Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Meanderings: Jan 14-20



I am a little late posting this but decided to go ahead and get back in the pattern of planning my week and living more intentionally. I am going to simplify some things (the menu will just have the main meals this week) and spend more time accomplishing the goals.

Bible Study/Devotional Plan: Still floundering a bit on which plan to use for daily reading but I desire to start doing something that I have not done before (at least with any regularity or plan) and that is MEDITATING on the WORD. My husband gave me a journal for Christmas called Happy Verse Day. Each page has a verse for the day that has that day's date as the reference. For example, January 1 (1/1) was Genesis 1:1, June 27(my anniversary 6/27) is Luke 6:27, etc. I wasn't sure what I would do with this gift -- my perfectionism makes me hesitant to write in journals -- so I thought that I would just read each day's verse and work on meditating on it throughout the day. This is easier if I go ahead and memorize it so yesterday I reviewed John 1:14 which was a wonderful thought for the day. This week's verses are: John 1:14, Colossians 1:15, Romans 1:16,James 1:17, Isaiah 1:18, James 1:19, and Romans 1:20. Anyone want to join me in my daily meditation?

MUST DO:

Financial: Fill out insurance forms for the ton of doctor's appointments we had in December and mail them in.
School: Attend newspaper with the kids and help get the next issue planned.
Home: I am joining a great group of women over at Home Sanctuary doing just one little thing each day to make our homes into a peaceful sanctuary for our family. If I do only one thing each day above and beyond the daily upkeep, I am doing Rachel's little missions.
Exercise: Don't ask.
FUN: Prepare for my husband to celebrate his birthday and "catch up" with his "old lady". I love it from Jan 18 to July 29 because we are the same age, and then for the second half of the year I become a year older. Wednesday I will check out a store that I am told sells clothes from Lands End at discount prices to see if I can find him a present or two. Birthday dinner will be postponed from Friday to Saturday to fit in with his crazy work schedule this week.

Train them up: Just trying to get back into the school schedule and focus on being ON TIME for school in the morning. Oh, and not bickering and complaining in the car to and from school. So far so good this week.


Menu Plan Monday (just listing two choices each day- one will be midday meal and the other at night, the schedule will determine if we eat heavier midday or later)


Monday:
1. Baked bean casserole
2. Left over lasagna from Sunday

Tuesday:
1. Egg salad sandwiches
2. left over turkey soup from Friday with fresh biscuits

Wednesday:
1. Baked potatoes with toppings. Steamed broccoli and/or cauliflower
2. Finish the baked bean casserole

Thursday:
1. Baked burrito dinner
2. personalized omelettes with texas toast

Friday:
1. Homemade pizza
2. movie night --- popcorn and snacks with a new dvd from the Christmas gifts

Saturday:
1. lunch-- sandwiches
2. dinner -- hubby's birthday meal a day late. He wants either baked ham or potroast depending on what is a better price. mashed potatoes and vegetable(s)

Sunday:
no definite plan yet. Probably spaghetti and meatballs or broasted chicken from the chicken place in our neighborhood.

3 comments:

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

Have a great week. Your journal sounds great ~ where did you dh get it or what is the name of it?

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

madridmom said...

I'm sure my husband ordered it through work ... not sure which of their online suppliers --- maybe CBD or perhaps Book Closeouts. The company does have their own site and you can order directly from them. http://www.happyverseday.com/home.shtml
I just looked online and CBD (christianbook.com) has the journals in several colors.

Heather Cady said...

Hey there, we have to get together one of these days, especially since we're the only 2 Company Girls in Madrid :) I am so not keeping points this month though.

Glad you're on the mend!
Hugs,
Heather