Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tackling a To Do List

I really do not have one big tackle this week but I do want to start getting back in the habit of posting on the blog and participating in the memes I was doing before summer camp and vacations took me away from the internet. I think maybe I'll try posting my to do list and see how much I can cross off the list today. However, I have not yet figured out how to strike through the text. Can anyone give me a quick tutorial? I'm sure it is a simple thing .... just that I haven't done it yet.
UPDATE: Thanks for teaching me the HTLM code. Yippee! I love learning new things.

Fix breakfast for the kiddos.

Do my daily Bible Reading plus one extra day on the list to try and get caught up. I am using this schedule.

Get the boys going on their summer "homework" for school (and try not to get pulled into their whining ... we all hate this busy-work time but it threatens to start us bashing the school system, the teachers, the Spanish people in general, etc and it's not a good road to start going down so I try and get us all to just suck up and get it over with).

Continue attacking the slowly shrinking pile of laundry from our two week trip as well as the regular laundry generated last week.

Begin gathering photos and putting together a "movie"/"slide show" to mail to a church that is considering picking us up for support but wants an update on our work and ministry here.

Find receipts and finish insurance forms for doctors bills from the last couple of months and get everything ready to take somewhere for photocopying and mailing.

Make dinner.

Take the kids to the pool.

Start sewing (or at least cutting and pinning) curtains for my daughter's bedroom.

Pick up living room.

I think that's a good enough list for now. I will add things as I think of them this morning and either strike out the things as they are finished or just post DONE next to them. I will post pictures if I actually get the curtains started or finished.

To see what others are tackling check out 5 Minutes For Mom.

UPDATE: Well, my husband called the house at 12:30 while we were having study time to suggest that I come downtown and see the guitar he wants to buy for our #2 son to use to start learning how to play. He wanted us to get there before the store closed at 2pm. We did make it downtown before 2 but the store closed at 1:30. Tim worked until aprox 2:30, then asked me to see if I could help him with something on a spreadsheet he was working on for work. I really did get some cool things accomplished today ... just not the things on my original list.
Here's the final tackle:
Helped format cells in spreadsheet to recalculate new pricelist for the bookstore.
Went to Burger King to use 3 coupons to feed the family a late lunch around 4pm.
Walked to a large dept. store's "sale building" and find several pieces of clothing for the family on sale including a suit jacket, warmup pants for PE class, a new bathing suit and pants for Princess, and a dress shirt and turtleneck top. All 8 items for 67 euros.
Ate ice cream cones at McDonald's to kill time till the guitar store reopened at 5pm.
Walk to the guitar store and purchase a new guitar.
Drive home and remember that tomorrow is a holiday and the stores will be closed so walk over to the grocery store and buy food to have in the house for tomorrow before they close at 9:15pm.
Make sandwiches for supper and eat together.
Get the kids to bed.
Finish watching the final 2 episodes of season 5 of 24 with my husband (our nightly date time).
Update blog on today's tackle.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Quite a list! That's what I did last week.....my to-do list and the strike through. It's amazing how much you can get done when you know the world is watching! ;)

For strike throughs, I'm assuming you can get into the HTML code for your posts. Put (strike) before what you want to strike out. And (/strike) at the end of that thing. (of course you need to use < and > not ( and ) (Blogger won't let me use the actual symbols!)

HTH!

Jenny said...

Ohhh...I love striking things off my to-do list!! best of luck with yours!!

Barbara H. said...

Hope you have a great day and get a lot crossed off.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

The Blakes said...

Whew...! I'm tired just reading your list...glad my tackle it wasn't so rough this week... :) Thanks for sharing!

Donetta said...

Great reminder of the important things :) Thank you.